What property management laws do I need to know?
When managing properties, state and federal law compliance is vital. In order to properly manage your property with minimal to no lawsuits, you need to understand all the property management laws in order to comply with them. At Coakley Realty, we are experts on state and federal property management laws. We take care of our legal property management needs, including legal paperwork like lease agreements. Some property management laws include:
- First, consider laws regarding discrimination. Property managers must comply with fair housing laws for tenant selection and eviction.
- Property managers also have to abide by the law when it comes to the eviction process.
- Additionally, you might run into issues with tenant welfare, such as a tenant being injured on your property. A similar situation can arise with property damage. These are just two circumstances where a tenant could take a property manager to court.
- Property managers must pay attention to rent control ordinances, occupancy rules and health and safety codes.
- Finally, familiarize yourself with state laws for property management. Some states set security deposit limits and some have rules for a tenant’s right to sublet.
We understand that there are a lot of property management laws to worry about. That’s why we handle the legal aspects of property management for our clients. Find out if you should hire a property management company.
FIND THE PROPERTY YOU NEED.PROPERTY SEARCH
CONTACT US TODAY
Featured Real Estate Listings
Under ContractFlex (Condo)100 Executive Drive,
PRICE REDUCED!!! Reliable investment property, fully leased. Excellent location right off 606, adjacent to Dulles Airport. This flex/office condo is Unit #2, and is divided into two units, each just under 5,000 SF. The First floor is built out as office/warehouse, and the Second floor is office.VIEW LISTING
Residential 20700 Ashburn Station Pl,
Ashburn, VA 20147
Beautifully renovated and meticulously maintained, this fabulous brick colonial is located in one of historic Ashburn's most desirable neighborhoods and sought-after school pyramids - Cedar Lane/Trailside/Stone Bridge! Gracefully sited on a premium corner lot (nearly half an acre), this property showcases all the distinctive details you are looking for.VIEW LISTING
Residential 23400 Woodfield Rd,
Gaithersburg, MD 20882
Mitchell & Best Home on gorgeous 2+ acre lot in Watkins Preserve - a subdision offering 5 additional lots! 5,700 SF (3,934 fin above grade) incl. 4 bdrms, 3.5 baths, 2 car gar, & a full W/O bsmt. 1st fl features office, formal liv& dining rms, gourmet kitchen w/ cntr island, brkfast area & lg family rm w/ FP. Enjoy the gorgeous sunset views from the spacious deck!VIEW LISTING
Residential 5 Purcell Ct,
Potomac, MD 20854
PICTURE PERFECT! Spectacular 4 bedroom, 5 and 1/2 bathroom home located in the sought after McAuley Park neighborhood. This renovated and expanded Cape Cod offers over 5,900 finished SF of living space. Nestled on a 24,000+ SF premium lot backing to parkland, this warm and welcoming home is notable for its high-end finishes and custom decor. Featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, and recessed lighting throughout, no attention to detail was spared.VIEW LISTING