What property management laws do I need to know?
When managing properties, state and federal law compliance is vital. In order to properly manage your property with minimal to no lawsuits, you need to understand all the property management laws in order to comply with them. At Coakley Realty, we are experts on state and federal property management laws. We take care of our legal property management needs, including legal paperwork like lease agreements. Some property management laws include:
- First, consider laws regarding discrimination. Property managers must comply with fair housing laws for tenant selection and eviction.
- Property managers also have to abide by the law when it comes to the eviction process.
- Additionally, you might run into issues with tenant welfare, such as a tenant being injured on your property. A similar situation can arise with property damage. These are just two circumstances where a tenant could take a property manager to court.
- Property managers must pay attention to rent control ordinances, occupancy rules and health and safety codes.
- Finally, familiarize yourself with state laws for property management. Some states set security deposit limits and some have rules for a tenant’s right to sublet.
We understand that there are a lot of property management laws to worry about. That’s why we handle the legal aspects of property management for our clients. Find out if you should hire a property management company.
FIND THE PROPERTY YOU NEED.PROPERTY SEARCH
CONTACT US TODAY
Featured Real Estate Listings
Commercial 841 SLIGO AVE,
SILVER SPRING, MD 20910
Rare opportunity to buy and develop in the downtown Silver Spring area. This two story building is currently for sale or for lease. The property consists of a 13,650 SF office building situated on 25,500 SF lot. Currently zoned CR this property offers commercial and residential development opportunities.VIEW LISTING
Residential 9636 BEMAN WOODS WAY,
POTOMAC, MD 20854
SPECTACULAR light filled PARDOE BUILT end unit town home with amazing views and elevator! This 4 level home features gourmet kitchen, butler's pantry, formal dining room, family room, large master suite & 4th floor guest suite/entertaining room complete with roof top deck overlooking manicured lawn. The spacious family room with sunken study opens to private patio and walkway.VIEW LISTING
Residential 3024 TILDEN ST NW #304C,
WASHINGTON, DC 20008
CORNER UNIT in sought after NORTH CLEVELAND PARK. This sun-filled, dual exposure, 1 bedroom/ 1 bath sun filled living room w/built in bookshelves & fireplace, master bdrm with 2 windows, upgraded kitchen w/gas cooking, granite counters & stainless steel appliances, sep dining area, own Air Conditioning unit. Remodeled @ 5 years ago!VIEW LISTING