What property management laws do I need to know?
When managing properties, state and federal law compliance is vital. In order to properly manage your property with minimal to no lawsuits, you need to understand all the property management laws in order to comply with them. At Coakley Realty, we are experts on state and federal property management laws. We take care of our legal property management needs, including legal paperwork like lease agreements. Some property management laws include:
- First, consider laws regarding discrimination. Property managers must comply with fair housing laws for tenant selection and eviction.
- Property managers also have to abide by the law when it comes to the eviction process.
- Additionally, you might run into issues with tenant welfare, such as a tenant being injured on your property. A similar situation can arise with property damage. These are just two circumstances where a tenant could take a property manager to court.
- Property managers must pay attention to rent control ordinances, occupancy rules and health and safety codes.
- Finally, familiarize yourself with state laws for property management. Some states set security deposit limits and some have rules for a tenant’s right to sublet.
We understand that there are a lot of property management laws to worry about. That’s why we handle the legal aspects of property management for our clients. Find out if you should hire a property management company.
FIND THE PROPERTY YOU NEED.PROPERTY SEARCH
CONTACT US TODAY
Featured Real Estate Listings
Residential 223 W Montgomery Ave,
Rockville, MD 20850
This home, also known as the Old Episcopal Rectory, was built in 1875 with six additions to follow over the years. This six bedroom, two and one half bath home is privately situated on a premium 17,900 sf lot which also includes a two car garage and a Summer Kitchen.VIEW LISTING
Residential 23400 Woodfield Rd,
Gaithersburg, MD 20882
Mitchell & Best Home on gorgeous 2+ acre lot in Watkins Preserve - a subdision offering 5 additional lots! 5,700 SF (3,934 fin above grade) incl. 4 bdrms, 3.5 baths, 2 car gar, & a full W/O bsmt. 1st fl features office, formal liv& dining rms, gourmet kitchen w/ cntr island, brkfast area & lg family rm w/ FP. Enjoy the gorgeous sunset views from the spacious deck!VIEW LISTING
Residential 1021 17th St NE #2,
Washington, DC 20002
GORGEOUS 2+ acre lot in heart of Potomac. At the end of prestigious Riverwood Drive, this lot is on a cul de sac. Public water & sewer & gas available. Enjoy all that Potomac has to offer: Potomac Village features shops, restaurants, supermarkets, Starbucks and more! Outdoor enthusiasts will love Swains Lock & Great Falls Park. Country Clubs, equestrian facilities,& sought after schools nearby. Other units available.VIEW LISTING