What property management laws do I need to know?
When managing properties, state and federal law compliance is vital. In order to properly manage your property with minimal to no lawsuits, you need to understand all the property management laws in order to comply with them. At Coakley Realty, we are experts on state and federal property management laws. We take care of our legal property management needs, including legal paperwork like lease agreements. Some property management laws include:
- First, consider laws regarding discrimination. Property managers must comply with fair housing laws for tenant selection and eviction.
- Property managers also have to abide by the law when it comes to the eviction process.
- Additionally, you might run into issues with tenant welfare, such as a tenant being injured on your property. A similar situation can arise with property damage. These are just two circumstances where a tenant could take a property manager to court.
- Property managers must pay attention to rent control ordinances, occupancy rules and health and safety codes.
- Finally, familiarize yourself with state laws for property management. Some states set security deposit limits and some have rules for a tenant’s right to sublet.
We understand that there are a lot of property management laws to worry about. That’s why we handle the legal aspects of property management for our clients. Find out if you should hire a property management company.
FIND THE PROPERTY YOU NEED.PROPERTY SEARCH
CONTACT US TODAY
Featured Real Estate Listings
Residential 24240 PEACH TREE RD
CLARKSBURG, MD 20871
Breathtaking and spacious CUSTOM LOG HOME w 3 fin levels has spared no detail in craftsmanship. Built w/ hand hewn logs this home features a 2 story stone fireplace, solid wood doors & trim w/forged hinges & locks, quartz kitchen, more.VIEW LISTING
Residential 104 JEFFERSON ST W,
ROCKVILLE, MD 20850
Spectacular Historic Home in Premium Downtown Rockville Neighborhood. Charming home offers many modern amenities including a spacious kitchen w/ granite counters & gas cooking, 2 newly renovated bathrooms, new hardwoods & paint. View the video here.VIEW LISTING
Residential 1312 MASSACHUSETTS AVE NW ,
WASHINGTON, DC 20005
LOCATION! LOCATION! Rarely available and spectacular two bedroom two full bath corner unit with southern exposures faces the terrace. This premium 1,096 SF unit features hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen, gas fireplace and LOTS of windows.VIEW LISTING