How to Increase the Resale Value of Your Home
Everyone wants to get top dollar for their home when they decide to sell—and it doesn’t always take a lot of money or effort to make a big impact in the resale price. The real estate agents at Coakley Realty are experts at not only selling homes, but helping people buy them, too, so they know exactly what potential homebuyers are looking for in their new place.
If you want to learn more about how to increase the resale value of your home in the Gaithersburg, Rockville, or surrounding Maryland areas, contact Coakley Realty today by phone at 307-637-0966 or online.
Ways to Improve Your Home’s Resale Value
Before you sell your home, take an objective look around—is there anything that could be improved, cleaned, or organized? If you notice anything, take action!
Here are some easy ways you can increase the resale value of your home:
- Increase your curb appeal. The first thing a prospective buyer sees is the exterior of your home. Some home buyers will drive by properties on the MLS to see if they even want to make an appointment to look inside. If you’re selling your home with a real estate company in MD, VA, or DC, make sure your home passes the initial test. Do little things like:
- Mow the lawn regularly
- Weed the flowerbeds
- Pick up the kids’ toys after they’ve been outside
- Trim your bushes
- Paint the front door and shutters
- Spruce up your landscaping with new flowers or shrubs, if necessary
A little can go a long way in making the exterior of your home look more appealing—and you never know when someone’s going to be looking!
- Give your rooms an inexpensive update. Keeping things clean and tidy when you list your home goes without saying. However, little inexpensive updates, like updating the drawer and cabinet pulls on your kitchen cabinets and adding inexpensive throw rugs can refresh a room and make it more appealing to buyers.
- De-clutter. Home buyers need to be able to imagine your rooms with their own furniture and families in them. This is much more difficult to do when the area is filled with your family’s toys, photos, magazines, and all the other personal items that accumulate in a home. If you have a lot of knick-knacks and other things sitting out around the house, consider packing up a few items so the rooms look more open. While you’re de-cluttering, don’t forget the garage—almost everyone’s garage could use a little attention!
- Paint. Few things transform a room as easily and as inexpensively as a coat of paint. A freshly-painted room looks new and inviting. Opt for neutral colors. Save the dramatic hues for your new home.
- Replace dated light fixtures. Most of us hang light fixtures and then forget about them. Over time, they can get dusty and dated. Another good way to entice buyers is to replace your old fixtures with new, stylish ones. Big box home improvement stores have a wide selection at reasonable prices, and you can install most fixtures yourself.
- Add storage. Every family needs more storage. Do you have an old closet that could be more useful with built-in shelves, or a double closet where you could install a storage system for maximum efficiency?
What to Do When You’re Thinking About Selling Your House
When you’re thinking about selling your home in MD, VA, or DC, those little things you do before you list can translate into big bucks at closing. Contact Coakley Realty today to learn more about improving the resale value of your home and selling it in the DC Metropolitan market!
FIND THE PROPERTY YOU NEED.PROPERTY SEARCH
CONTACT US TODAY
Featured Real Estate Listings
Commercial 841 SLIGO AVE,
SILVER SPRING, MD 20910
Rare opportunity to buy and develop in the downtown Silver Spring area. This two story building is currently for sale or for lease. The property consists of a 13,650 SF office building situated on 25,500 SF lot. Currently zoned CR this property offers commercial and residential development opportunities.VIEW LISTING
Residential 9636 BEMAN WOODS WAY,
POTOMAC, MD 20854
SPECTACULAR light filled PARDOE BUILT end unit town home with amazing views and elevator! This 4 level home features gourmet kitchen, butler's pantry, formal dining room, family room, large master suite & 4th floor guest suite/entertaining room complete with roof top deck overlooking manicured lawn. The spacious family room with sunken study opens to private patio and walkway.VIEW LISTING
Residential 3024 TILDEN ST NW #304C,
WASHINGTON, DC 20008
CORNER UNIT in sought after NORTH CLEVELAND PARK. This sun-filled, dual exposure, 1 bedroom/ 1 bath sun filled living room w/built in bookshelves & fireplace, master bdrm with 2 windows, upgraded kitchen w/gas cooking, granite counters & stainless steel appliances, sep dining area, own Air Conditioning unit. Remodeled @ 5 years ago!VIEW LISTING