How to Increase the Resale Value of Your Home
Everyone wants to get top dollar for their home when they decide to sell—and it doesn’t always take a lot of money or effort to make a big impact in the resale price. The real estate agents at Coakley Realty are experts at not only selling homes, but helping people buy them, too, so they know exactly what potential homebuyers are looking for in their new place.
If you want to learn more about how to increase the resale value of your home in the Gaithersburg, Rockville, or surrounding Maryland areas, contact Coakley Realty today by phone at 307-637-0966 or online.
Ways to Improve Your Home’s Resale Value
Before you sell your home, take an objective look around—is there anything that could be improved, cleaned, or organized? If you notice anything, take action!
Here are some easy ways you can increase the resale value of your home:
- Increase your curb appeal. The first thing a prospective buyer sees is the exterior of your home. Some home buyers will drive by properties on the MLS to see if they even want to make an appointment to look inside. If you’re selling your home with a real estate company in MD, VA, or DC, make sure your home passes the initial test. Do little things like:
- Mow the lawn regularly
- Weed the flowerbeds
- Pick up the kids’ toys after they’ve been outside
- Trim your bushes
- Paint the front door and shutters
- Spruce up your landscaping with new flowers or shrubs, if necessary
A little can go a long way in making the exterior of your home look more appealing—and you never know when someone’s going to be looking!
- Give your rooms an inexpensive update. Keeping things clean and tidy when you list your home goes without saying. However, little inexpensive updates, like updating the drawer and cabinet pulls on your kitchen cabinets and adding inexpensive throw rugs can refresh a room and make it more appealing to buyers.
- De-clutter. Home buyers need to be able to imagine your rooms with their own furniture and families in them. This is much more difficult to do when the area is filled with your family’s toys, photos, magazines, and all the other personal items that accumulate in a home. If you have a lot of knick-knacks and other things sitting out around the house, consider packing up a few items so the rooms look more open. While you’re de-cluttering, don’t forget the garage—almost everyone’s garage could use a little attention!
- Paint. Few things transform a room as easily and as inexpensively as a coat of paint. A freshly-painted room looks new and inviting. Opt for neutral colors. Save the dramatic hues for your new home.
- Replace dated light fixtures. Most of us hang light fixtures and then forget about them. Over time, they can get dusty and dated. Another good way to entice buyers is to replace your old fixtures with new, stylish ones. Big box home improvement stores have a wide selection at reasonable prices, and you can install most fixtures yourself.
- Add storage. Every family needs more storage. Do you have an old closet that could be more useful with built-in shelves, or a double closet where you could install a storage system for maximum efficiency?
What to Do When You’re Thinking About Selling Your House
When you’re thinking about selling your home in MD, VA, or DC, those little things you do before you list can translate into big bucks at closing. Contact Coakley Realty today to learn more about improving the resale value of your home and selling it in the DC Metropolitan market!
FIND THE PROPERTY YOU NEED.PROPERTY SEARCH
CONTACT US TODAY
Featured Real Estate Listings
Residential 9476 Newbridge Dr,
Potomac, MD 20854
ENTERTAINER'S DELIGHT! Stunning 2 acre lot located in sought after Falconhurst. Spectacular, private yard features newly renovated pool, pool house w/ FB, tennis courts & beautiful sun filled patio. Enjoy the spacious kitchen, formal living & dining rooms,1st floor office, fin bsmt, storage & 3 car garage. Two story family room features over sized windows & offers scenic views of the backyard.VIEW LISTING
Lot 11013 Riverwood Dr,
Rockville, MD 20854
GORGEOUS 2+ acre lot in heart of Potomac. At the end of prestigious Riverwood Drive, this lot is on a cul de sac. Public water & sewer & gas available. Enjoy all that Potomac has to offer: Potomac Village features shops, restaurants, supermarkets, Starbucks and more! Outdoor enthusiasts will love Swains Lock & Great Falls Park. Country Clubs, equestrian facilities,& sought after schools nearby.VIEW LISTING
Residential 23400 Woodfield Rd,
Gaithersburg, MD 20882
Mitchell & Best Home on gorgeous 2+ acre lot in Watkins Preserve - a subdision offering 5 additional lots! 5,700 SF (3,934 fin above grade) incl. 4 bdrms, 3.5 baths, 2 car gar, & a full W/O bsmt. 1st fl features office, formal liv& dining rms, gourmet kitchen w/ cntr island, brkfast area & lg family rm w/ FP. Enjoy the gorgeous sunset views from the spacious deck!VIEW LISTING