EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Therapeutic Recreation – Eastern Kentucky University
- Interpreter training – Gallaudet University
- Certified Sign Language Interpreter
- Licensed Real Estate Agent
- Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors – GCAAR – Member
- Maryland Association of Realtors – MAR – Member
- National Association of Realtors – NAR – Member
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf – RID – Member
- Potomac Chapter of the Registry of Interpreters – PCRID – Member
- Licensed Real Estate Agent since 1993
- Real Estate Investor since 1992 (Property Manager & Rehabber)
- President of StarSigns Interpreting, Inc
- Fluent in English and ASL
- Managed Interpreting contracts in Federal Government & Private Industry
In business, my clients are always my highest priority. I have been able to combine my strengths and abilities to effectively serve my clients in a variety of ways. As a certified American Sign Language Interpreter & a licensed Real Estate Agent I am able to provide seamless real estate services to both hearing and deaf clients. I enjoy working with clients who are buying their first home or with seasoned investors who have purchased hundreds of homes. Experience has taught me that each client’s real estate needs and goals are unique. I do not have a “one size fits all” approach. I have been investing in and/or selling real estate for over 25 years. I see each challenge as an opportunity to create a win/win for my clients in assisting them to accomplish their real estate goals.
My clients have commented that they appreciated my responsiveness, my attention to detail, my negotiating skills and my pursuant of the best outcome for all.
I am originally from Minnesota until my parents and eleven siblings relocated to Maryland when I was six years old. I am the proud parent of four children and several beautiful grandchildren. Our family shares a love of outdoors, adventure, enjoying the beach and mostly time together.